Monday, October 27, 2008

Dancing with the Stars

I don't normally watch Dancing with the Stars, but since my other Monday night shows were reruns, I decided to give it a go. Watching the hour and a half snooze fest reminded me why I stopped watching it years ago - - not only is it boring, but the show title leads one to believe that you will actually get to watch some dancing - - I saw neither dancing, or stars.

I was embarrassed, not only for the "celebrities" who were humiliating themselves, but for the professionals who have to deal with this week in and week out. Amazing shows are on the verge of cancellation (Pushing Daisies) yet shows like this remain.

Many people I know and respect watch this show faithfully, so we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. Bottom line, this show just isn't my cup of tea. If you want to see an amazing dance show on television, check out "So You Think You Can Dance" when it comes back next summer.

No comments: